For Immediate Release:
Benco Family Foundation supports First International Oral Cancer Symposium
Greater New York Dental Meeting Organizers plan full day academic session:
‘The Science and Practice of Treating Head and Neck Cancer’
PITTSTON, PA — November 18, 2015 – Leaders in the dental community unite against the sixth leading form of cancer with a potent combination: education and awareness.
During the 91st annual Greater New York Dental Meeting, the event’s organizers will host the first International Oral Cancer Symposium on Saturday November 28, for all registered Greater New York Dental Meeting attendees. Members of the dental community, including the Benco Family Foundation, are among sponsors of the all-day event, entitled “The Science and Practice of Treating Head and Neck Cancer,” which will provide a comprehensive overview of the current surgical and medical management of oral and oropharyngeal cancer patients.
“The Benco Family Foundation feels the Oral Cancer Symposium is important to raise public awareness and educate our doctors to identify and diagnose the early signs of mouth cancer and then guide patients to proper treatment,” said Rebecca Binder, the foundation’s executive director.
Diagnostic criteria, rehabilitative medicine and guidelines for oral cancer management will be discussed by leading experts in Otolaryngology, Pathology, Craniofacial Surgery, Oncology and Maxillofacial Prosthetics. According to Dr. Ian M. Lerner, general chairman of the Greater New York Dental Meeting, “Despite recent advances in the diagnosis and treatment of oral cancer, it still remains the sixth leading form of cancer. We hope this international symposium will help dental professionals connect the dots between the latest research and what they can be implementing in their day-to-day practice to reduce the morality rates of this deadly disease.”
Here is what the symposium will cover:
- Discuss the guidelines for oral cancer management and the role of the community dentists and otolaryngologists in the management regimen
- Explain the diagnostic criteria of potentially malignant and malignant oral lesions and understand how to apply the criteria to standard of care in community practice
- Describe the rehabilitation concerns of oral cancer patients and understand the role of rehabilitative medicine
- Discuss how community dentists and otolaryngologists can partner with cancer specialists in the overall care of oral cancer patients
The International Oral Cancer Symposium has assembled an impressive roster of oral cancer experts from the fields of medicine and dentistry. Here is the list of presenters and their topics:
- Sewanti Limaye, MD / “Personalized Medicine & Genonics and Head & Neck Cancer”
- Alexander E. Pazoki, DDS, MD / “Changes in Trends & Management of Oral Cavity and Orapharyngeal Cancer
- Jack L. Martin, BA, MD / “Clinical Application of Salivary Markers for the Early Detection of OSCC”
- Salvatore M. Caruana, MD / “Head & Neck Surgical Oncology”
- Abraham Kuriakose, MD, DDS / “Implant Borne Dental Rehabilitation”
- Candice Zemnick, DMD / “Prosthetic Reconstruction: Intraoral and Extraoral”
- Billy Ballard, MD, DDS / “Debunking the Myth of Oral Lesions”
The International Oral Cancer Symposium will take place on Saturday, November 28 from 9:30 a.m. to 4:40 p.m. and provides 7 CEUs. Cost to attend is $175.00, with lunch included. For full details and online registration, visit http://www.gnydm.com/uploads/files/2015-Program-Pages_22-Swk.pdf
Event sponsors include by PeriRX, LLC and the Benco Family foundation, along with Columbia University College of Dental Medicine, New York-Presbyterian Hospital Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Johns Hopkins University, Meharry Medical College Department of Pathology, Hispanic Dental Association and the National Dental Association.
“The Benco Family Foundation is dedicated to improving the dental health and quality of life in our local communities, and around the world. Partnering with the Oral Cancer Symposium experts will give doctors the resources they need to help eradicate this cancer.”
For more information regarding the Benco Family Foundation or to obtain a grant application, please contact Rebecca Binder, Executive Director, at 570-602-5888 or at email@example.com.
- GNYDM_BFF_DrLerner.jpg. Members of the dental community, including the Benco Family Foundation, are among sponsors of the first International Oral Cancer Symposium, an all-day event during the 91st annual Greater New York Dental Meeting, on Saturday November 28. Dr. Ian M. Lerner, general chairman of the Greater New York Dental Meeting, shown, said he hopes this will help dental professionals connect the dots between the latest research and what they can be implementing in their day-to-day practice to reduce the morality rates of this deadly disease.
- GNYDM_BFF_CEU.jpg: The International Oral Cancer Symposium will take place during the 91st annual Greater New York Dental Meeting, on Saturday, November 28 from 9:30 a.m. to 4:40 p.m. and will provide 7 CEUs. Shown: attendees at an academic session during the 2014 meeting.
About Benco Dental
Benco Dental, headquartered in Northeastern Pennsylvania, is the largest privately-owned dental distributor in the United States, offering a full array of supplies, equipment and services to dentists across the nation. Founded in 1930 by Benjamin Cohen, the company has remained family-owned and focused on its unique mission to “deliver success, smile after smile.”
Within the past 85 years, the company has grown from a single downtown location to a national network of more than 65 regional locations, five distribution centers, and three design showrooms. Those design showrooms, one at the company’s Pa. headquarters, one in Southern California, and one in Texas, feature North America’s largest selection of dental equipment and technology, as well as a hands-on dental design experience, to assist dentists in the planning and construction of a new office.
In addition to offering the market’s broadest choice of equipment and supplies, Benco features a suite of innovative material management tools like Painless®, its industry-leading on-line inventory management system, and BluChips®, dentistry’s original and most rewarding frequent buyer club. Through alliances with selected Success Services, Benco also offers practice coaching, continuing education, equipment financing, and wealth management services. Benco, which has been named one of Pennsylvania’s ‘Best Places to Work’ for 12 of the past 14 years, is proud to boast a highly skilled team of more than 400 professionally trained sales representatives and over 300 factory-trained service technicians. For more information, visit benco.com or call 1.800.GO.BENCO.
Media Contact: Kristie Ceruti, Marketing Communications Specialist
570 – 602-7047 // firstname.lastname@example.org